Odyssey's End
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Word Counter

Fallen's Patrol

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fallen's Patrol - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallen's Patrol

Post  Sam Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Starfire looked at the aproaching bird, and sighed softly. But where was the stallion? She nodded softly at his words, then spoke herself. "Is he all right? I feel terribly bad for what I have done." She looked down at the ground slightly. She always felt guilty, as if everything was her fault. It was one of her own weaknesses. She also wondered about the other horse, how the mare did what she did. If it was a mare, anyway. How could that horse not feel bad?

(I know it is a mare, but she does not. xD)

Sam
Sam
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Fallen was stock-still. He concentrated his willpower, to pull himself together. He let out a deep resonating sigh and turned around, slowly coming back to the mouth of the opening. "Okay." He said, bringing himself to look up at the mare. "You didn't move the rock, but you seemed to have....stunned.. me. How you did, I don't know. But you gain my permission to leave whenever you want. There is a safe path out about a quarter-mile down the canyon. Draco can lead you." While he spoke, he noticed his head involuntarily moved down, to keep from looking at her. Then he heard a noise behind him. A rustle, a tumbling of dry leaves. How was that? No other creature made it's home here....except.
"Danvaneir." Fallen said subserviently as he looked back to find the magnificent dapple gray mare pacing towards them,the blood-mark on her shoulder vibrant as ever. She looked on at Starfire with curious dark eyes. "I see we have something in common." She said with a demure, quiet voice.
TheElves
TheElves
Admin

https://odysseysend.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Starfire looked up at the aproaching mare, in shock. "You where the one who also suceeded." She said softly, already knowing about her from Draco. She felt honoured, but yet also a tad upset about her.
Sam
Sam
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:41 pm

"Yes, I am she." Danvaneir said and stepped elegantly forward. "But I chose to stay. This lonely canyon does have it's saving graces." She looked towards the sun, that was burning down on them with a buttery light. She loved the sun, and hated when it set, leaving the canyon in cold darkness. But when it was daylight, the sun shone brighter here than anywhere else in the region. So she compromised. Another reason she stayed was because she inwardly relished her power over Fallen, and found him a bit alluring... But she would never admit it. She looked back at the mare. "I'm sure this is all making you quite uncomfortable, so if you like, I can lead you out before the sun sets. It is nearly impossible to find your way around when it's dark here."
TheElves
TheElves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Starfire nodded at the kind mare. "Yes, thank you for your kindness," She spoke softly, and walked closer to the mare, waiting for her to start leading her away. She would be glad to leave this deathtrap, and back to her home. But yet...she would miss it. Why though?
Sam
Sam
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Fallen tried to keep his eyes away from the oddly.....enchanting pair. For some reason he was pained, by also allured by their presence. He sighed as the gentle, solemn Danvaneir led Starfire out of the quickly darkening canyon. He looked over at Draco, who was preening his feathers again. "Well," the bird said. "That was a twice-in-a-lifetime experience, eh, old pal?"
Fallen glared at the bird, for some reason enraged without warning. "You old fool!" He spat. Draco looked on quizzically. "This canyon has held us prisoner for years, and for what? To be feared? No! To be made fun of. To have power?! NO! What on earth do we have power over? NOTHING! I'VE HAD IT!" He screamed, and whirled around. He broke into a gallop, dashing down the canyon floor, kicking up dust in his wake. He could just see the two mares in his vision now. He pumped his legs after them, and when he was just about to hit Starfire's rump, he took flight. His jet colored wings spread, feathers singing, and he flew to the lands of happiness that he once knew.
TheElves
TheElves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Starfire quietly followed Danvaneir, thoughts whizzing around her mind. She perked her ears. She heard yelling in the distance? Who would be yelling in this area? Suddenly, a large gust of wind hit her. "What the hell!?" She screamed out, then looked up at the stag who bursted into the air. She slightly smiled. "Look at him," She said to Danvaneir softly. "Does he do that often?"
Sam
Sam
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Draco, looking puny compared to his massive winged companion, debated whether to fly after him or stay put, in case he came back. He didn't think the latter would be happening though, so he hopped off the rock and began hobbling down a random fork in the canyon, aimlessly. Fallen's wings were stiff from disuse. All those years of keeping them invisible, folded unseen against his back, which he never let anyone near, had left them seemingly too frail to bear his weight. But soon they pumped strong, carrying him over a valley that the waning sun still smiled on. He decided he shouldn't travel too far, lest he lose sight of the mares. He landed, valley rushes sweeping across his belly, and turned back to the canyon's edge, where he could see the two mares making their way up. Danvaneir said, "No, this is a special occasion indeed," and gave a sort of smile.
TheElves
TheElves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Starfire chuckled. The stallion looked so happy, flying in the air like that. She followed Danvaneir. The rocks and dust was thinning, and was giving away to grass. She would be home soon, in the flowery meadows she called him. She missed the sweet smell, the tickleing of the flowers on her underside. She was eager, but not as eager as she thought.
Sam
Sam
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Fallen let the wind beat stiffly against his unfolded wings. "All it took was a catalyst, ladies!" He called as he could see the mares coming up from the canyon. "How I've wished to see this land again....I'm not sure what kept me stuck in that dreary canyon."
He turned and saw a herd of horses, so far that they were only dots, moving swiftly across the horizon. It refreshed him. He beat his wings, half-stretching them, and half showing off. The long silken grass beneath him bent smoothly under each pump. He reached down his long neck to take his first bite of grass in years...
TheElves
TheElves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Starfire smiled lightly. He seamed different from when she had first laid her eyes apon him. He changed. He was happy now, and what she guess is that he had not left his canyon for a few years. It was sweet. She trotted after him, out of the rocky canyon and into the grassy meadows. Home at last. Nickering happily, she took a snip of grass and trotted around eagerly.
Sam
Sam
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyBirdWispers Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:12 pm

I was wondering if I could join?

BabyBirdWispers
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Sure you could, but Sam hasn't been on this site for a while. Maybe we could start a new thread?
TheElves
TheElves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyBirdWispers Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Ok, I would love that!

BabyBirdWispers
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down